Turkey Day Hits: Spinach Dip
2 tsp olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 ½ - 2 lbs spinach, washed, trimmed, chopped (can also use 2 packages or 10 oz spinach)
½ cup milk
6 oz cream cheese
3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
3 dashes Tobasco sauce (other hot sauce will work)
1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
Salt and ground pepper
Crackers, bagel chips, baguette slices, bread, or even other dipping vegetables, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly oil shallow baking dish. Set aside.
- Over medium heat in a 5 quart pot, warm olive oil. Add diced onion and minced garlic. Cook until lightly browned or up to 5 minutes.
- Gradually add chopped spinach by allowing it to wilt into the pot for about 5 – 8 minutes (two portions work well). Drain with a coriander and set aside.
- In the same 5 quart pot over high heat, warm milk. Wisk in cream cheese until melted. Add the cooked spinach, Worcestershire sauce, Tobasco sauce, and ½ cup of the extra sharp cheddar cheese. Stir until blended. Add salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into the lightly oiled baking dish and sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of cheddar cheese.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until the dish appears bubbly and golden brown. Serve hot or cold as desired with accompaniments.